Taylor’s first moved to Loughborough in 1839 when they were contracted to provide a heavy peal of eight bells for the Parish Church. For the first 20 years in the town they cast bells at their foundry in Pack Horse Lane, before setting up the present foundry in the Cherry Orchard area of Loughborough in 1859. So it is with pleasure that we’ve been asked to restore and rehang one of the bells cast in Pack Horse Lane in 1856.
The bell was supplied to Pugin’s new R. C. Cathedral in Shrewsbury, and has served well for the past 164 years. Here Kart from our wood craft department fits the new traditional hardwood headstock.