Foundry & Works Assistant
Do you want to work for the UK’s last major bell foundry, and help this heritage business thrive in the future?
You will be a self-starter looking to begin your career in our historic Loughborough bell foundry. You will support our foundry team which cast bells for locations all round the world, as well as our fabricators, joiners and machinists to help them prepare and finish off products to high standards. Specifically, this will involve assisting with mould-making, casting bells and iron components, preparing and fettling the castings, basic machining of components, as well as painting, readying and packing products for despatch.
The role will suit you if you have some basic machining experience and are keen to learn more skills.
- Some basic experience with machining, using power tools and painting.
- GCSE maths, English and design technology (or equivalent) high desirable.
- Must be able bodied enough to handle heavy items, use machines and tools, work in small spaces and on ladders, and work (occasionally) in and around bell towers and installations.
- Must have a good standard of English to communicate with colleagues.
- Must have a right to live and work in the UK.
- UK driving license desirable.
- 5 hours a week Monday to Friday. We operate flexible hours Monday to Thursday to allow an early finish on Fridays.
- Overtime paid at a rate of time and a third can be available but is not a requirement or expectation.
- Based at our foundry in Loughborough but some site working throughout the UK may be required.
- Salary at minimum wage or just above depending on experience plus pension, annual leave and sick leave – all above statutory minimum.
- On the job training will be provided with the potential to study further qualifications.
For a full role profile and to find out more about our company, please click here
To apply, please send a brief CV and a letter to our retained HR provider Kate@peopledecisions.co.uk telling us what you enjoy about machining, working with handtools and labouring, and why you are interested in the role.
Project & Operations Administrator
Our historic Loughborough bell foundry is investing in our project management expertise and has a vacancy for an enthusiastic person to be at the hub of customer projects. Spending a significant amount of time talking to customers and our internal operations staff, you will have the dual responsibility of keeping customers informed on the progress of their work, whilst also making sure that all relevant information and health & safety assessments are provided internally for efficient and compliant delivery of customer projects.
The role will suit you if you are a detail-oriented person who cares about getting things right for customers, and have some understanding of health & safety processes and project management.
- Experience implementing health and safety processes and process auditing
- Knowledge of Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Experience monitoring flow of work within production activities and keeping people informed on project status
- Must have an excellent standard of English and communicate in a clear and helpful manner
- Must have a right to live and work in the UK
- 5 hours a week Monday to Friday.
- Based at our foundry in Loughborough with some potential for home working.
- Salary in region of £22,000 depending on experience plus pension, annual leave and sick leave – all above statutory minimum.
For a full role profile please click here
To apply, please send a CV or letter explaining your background / interest in the role to our retained HR provider: Kate@peopledecisions.co.uk