Carpenter / Joiner / Cabinet Maker
We have a vacancy for a skilled craftsman to work in our historic Loughborough bell foundry working predominantly on heritage projects. You will enjoy handcrafting bespoke smaller items for bell installations as well as larger timber bell frames and other structures, plus pattern making for our on-site bronze and iron foundry.
The role will suit you if you like variety and to use your creativity to meet customer requirements.
We want you to care passionately about the quality of what you do as your designs and creations will have a lifespan for generations in prestigious heritage locations.
- Must have a right to live and work in the UK
- Experience in joinery, cabinet-making or bespoke furniture design to a high standard of finish
- Experience in a full range of workshop tooling and machinery, including handtools such as planes, chisels and spokeshaves
- NVQ 2 Carpentry or Architectural Joinery course or similar is highly desirable
- Must have a good standard of English to communicate with colleagues and customers, and numeracy for working with measurements
- 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday. We operate flexible hours Monday to Thursday to allow an early finish on Fridays.
- Overtime paid at a rate of time and a third can be available but is not a requirement or expectation.
- Based at our foundry in Loughborough but some site working throughout the UK may be required.
- Salary in the region of £20,000 depending on experience plus pension, annual leave and sick leave – all above statutory minimum.
- On the job training will be provided.
A full role profile can be downloaded here
To apply, please send a CV or letter explaining your background / interest in the role to our retained HR provider: Kate@peopledecisions.co.uk