St Andrew's Parish Church
This 18 cwt ring of eight is the work of various founders, with the oldest bell dating from 1540. Taylor’s retuned and rehung the original back six in a new cast iron and steel bell frame in 1901, and extended the frame and added two trebles in 1938. The parish has now placed an order for a major restoration and augmentation to take place. All of the frictional parts will be returned to the Foundry for restoration, and the iron roots of the crown staples of the older bell will be removed by being drilled out. The bell frame will be rearranged and extended to accommodate ten bells, and then the entire frame will be stripped down and be repainted. Two new trebles will be cast, and new fittings manufactured before the entire ring is rehung.
The two new treble bells have been cast. Proposed installation at Backwell late March 2018.
Installation in the tower has been completed and the bells are ringable. The cleaning and painting of the bell frame will complete this project.