Barton, North Yorkshire
St Cuthbert’s Parish Church
This 7 cwt ring of four is the work of Taylor’s and dates from 1920. It hangs in a cast iron and steel bell frame designed to accommodate six bells. An order has now been placed to complete the project with an augmentation to make a ring of six bells. The Keltek Trust will donate one bell, and a new treble bell will be cast. New ringing fittings will be manufactured, and the installation will be restored.
The new treble bell has been cast and fettled - both bells have been tuned. Work adapting and cleaning the bell wheels has been completed and the new bells have been dispatched. Hanging is underway.