St Lawrence's Parish Church
Bourton on the Water, Gloucestershire
Major maintenance work has been completed on this 1957 Taylor eight. All of the bells have been lifted from their pits and their bearings have been cleaned/replaced as necesssary. The “gate ends” were removed, sand blasted and re fitted. The entire bell frame was thoroughly cleaned and re painted. Clappers and crown staples were fully restored, and some minor repairs were carried out to the bell wheels’ shrouding.
(Photos: Chris Bennett)