St Thomas' Parish Church
Bradwell on Sea, Essex
Robert Catlin cast a new ring of eight for is church in 1744, and these were hung in a robust oak bell frame in that year by John Williams. By 1848 the two trebles and tenor were no longer hanging in the tower, presumably having cracked and been sold. In 1948 Mears and Stainbank cast a new tenor as a World War II memorial to restore the back six. Work has now been completed to restore the eight. The bells were removed from the tower, conserved, quarter turned and tuned, and two new Catlin matching profile trebles were cast. All new ringing fittings were manufactured and all eight bells rehung in the John Williams oak bell frame.