The Parish Church of St Mary the Virgin
Castle Eaton, Wiltshire
The treble bell headstock from this 7 cwt ring of six is being replaced with a replica in seasoned hardwood to match the existing fittings of the other bells. The various fittings, including the plate gudgeon boxes, will be restored and re-used.
Work to manufacture the new headstock has been completed. Rehanging later this month.
The treble headstock from this 7 cwt ring of six has been replaced and the bell rehung. The old headstock had become unsafe and a replica stock was manufactured from seasoned hardwood to match the fittings of the other bells. The strapwork and plate gudgeons were restored and reused in the restoration.
The treble bell from this 7 cwt ring of six was last rehung by Henry Bond in 1899. Having become unsafe, a new headstock, carved from hardwood to a traditional design, has been manufactured and fitted to the bell, and the bell has been rehung.