St Peter's Parish Church
Major maintenance work has been completed on this John III & Christopher IV Pennington six that date from 1781. The bells were last rehung by Taylors in 1939. The undergrillage has been repaired and strengthened with two new galvanised steel girders added and the existing beam ends and gate ends repaired. The bell frame was stripped and re painted after the repair work was completed. The clappers and crown staples have been restored and the rope roller boxes rennovated, together with one bell wheel.
Our first bell practice was last night and the team were thrilled. They sounded so different. We have very much enjoyed the company of Steve and Anthony, and they have been brilliant.
— Caroline Hunt, Conrworthy