The Parish Church of St Peter
This ancient ground floor ring of five with a 7 cwt tenor bell was last rehung by Alfred Bowell of Ipswich in 1911. The bells date from 1416, 1499 & 1661. An order has now been placed for the casting of a new treble bell to augment the ring to six. This will be supplied with all new fittings and be hung in the vacant treble pit of the Bowell six bell steel bellframe. Some of the existing bell fittings will be refurbished, and new fittings supplied as necessary before the bells are rehung.
New treble bell has been cast, fettling and tuning next. The existing bells will be removed from the tower in 2018.