Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia.
The Cathedral Church of St Mary, Star of the Sea.
A new ring of six is to be installed at this Australian Cathedral, working with Ron Shepherd as the main contractor. The four tenor bells originally hung in St Paul’s, Porth, South Wales and were cast by Taylor’s in 1935. The largest of these weighs 5cwts 2qrs 5lbs and all four will be gifted by the Keltek Trust. Two modern Taylor stock bells will complete the ring – Taylor’s will tune these to match the Porth bells, provide complete ringing fittings for all six, and will design the bell frame. This will be built in Australia by Ron Shepherd, who will also carry out the installation.
The bell wheels and all wooden components have been manufactured.
The bells have been cleaned by gentle sandblasting.
The fabricated headstocks have been completed and are now back from the galvanisers.
The clappers and crown staples have been manufactured.
The bells have been mounted on their headstocks and have been rung up with full fittings on our ringing up stand.
All is ready for export.