The Bell Tower
This beautiful detached bell tower houses one of the most musical rings of bells ever cast. The entire installation is the work of Taylors and dates from 1951. With a tenor bell weighing over 35 cwts the local ringers take pride in keeping things in fine order, so after stonework repairs had covered the entire ring in stone dust, an order was placed to repaint the installation. All the fittings were stripped off the bells and a proper cleaning took place. A rust inhibiting coat of paint was applied, and then a top coat of gloss paint. Everything was then reassembled, and it looks splendid.