The Parish Church of St Peter & St Paul

Ewhurst, Surrey

United Kingdom

This ring of eight bells (tenor 11 cwt) last had major work in 1938 when Taylors added four trebles and provided a new bell frame and all new fittings. New bells will be cast to replace the ancient 5th & 6th (Wokingham Foundry circa 1400) and these will be hung on new headstocks with other fittings refurbished and altered as necessary. The ancient bells will be retained in the tower. New headstocks will also be manufactured and fitted to the two tenor bells, and the fittings of the front four bells will be overhauled.

Update

  • Provisional date for casting January 2018. Proposed installation in Ewhurst begins March 2018.

  • Four new bells were added to complete the octave here in 1938, when Taylors rehung the entire peal on new fittings in a new cast iron and steel bell frame. The ancient 5th & 6th bells (Wokingham Foundry circa 1400.) have now been replaced with new bells which have had new headstocks manufactured for them and their other fittings overhauled and adapted as necessary. New headstocks have also been manufactured for the two tenor bells, and the fittings of the front four bells have been restored. The two ancient bells have been hung for chiming.