St Andrew's Church
Grinton, North Yorkshire
Two trebles have been cast and hung to augment this 10 cwt six to eight. Of the original six three were Taylor’s 1896 and one G & J 1926. In that year Gillett & Johnstone rehung the bells in a cast iron and steel “H” frame for eight, so the two vacant pits are now filled.
Taylor's provided two new treble bells for this church last year, and we have now completed major maintenance work on the back six bells. The bells were lifted and their bearings were cleaned/replaced. The clappers/crown staples and rope roller boxes were restored and refitted, and a new ringing chamber ceiling is to be installed by a local joiner to reduce the unguided rope draught to complete this project.