Hampstead Norreys, Berkshire.
St Mary's Parish Church
This beautiful Berkshire church houses an unringable 10 cwt ground floor ring of six. The bells hang in an ancient oak frame made by James Smith in 1680, and apart from the 5th which is a Taylor recast from 1930, all the bells originate from the Ellis/Knight Foundry and date between 1619 & 1704.
All the bells will be removed from the tower and brought back to Loughborough for conservation and the manufacture of mainly new ringing fittings before being rehung.
This ring of bells has been removed from the tower and is at Loughborough.
The new headstocks have been cast and gudgeons are being fitted.
The bells are in the tuning shop.
Headstocks have been fitted.
The bell wheels are being restored.