All Saints' Parish Church.
The single bell from this church is the work of John Scott of Wigan, and dates from 1646 – being originally hung in the previous chapel. Thieves recently climbed on to the church roof and threw the bell from its cupola on to the grass below, fortunately not damaging it. The bell was subsequently sold to Calderbank Metals of Standish as scrap. Once they realized the bell had been stolen, they contacted the church and returned the bell. Taylor’s has been asked to conserve the bell, provide it with refurbished and new fittings, and rehung it in its cupola!
The bell is now at Taylor's
The bell has been sandblasted clean and conserved.