All Saints' Parish Church
A major project is to be undertaken at this church. The present 16 cwt six date from 1697, 1755, & 1837 and are unringable. The bells and their fittings will be removed from the tower and brought back to the Foundry. The present ancient oak bell frame will be retained in situ, and a new cast iron and galvanised steel bell frame for eight bells will be manufactured and installed lower in the tower in the present ringing chamber.
The third bell is cracked and will be welded, and all the bells will be conserved. Two treble bells will be provided to complete the octave – a new treble bell will be cast and an ex-Lindfield bell provided by the Keltek Trust will become the second. All the bells will be tuned and all new ringing fittings will be manufactured. Electro-magnetic chiming hammers, and a programmable Apollo Unit will be manufactured and installed when the bells are rehung.
A new ringing gallery is to be built at the base of the tower, and this will necessitate the moving of the church organ to the north aisle. This work is made possible through a generous grant from the National Heritage Lottery Fund.
The bells and their fittings have been removed from the tower and are at Loughborough.
The bells have been weighed on receipt and their cast-in crown staples are being removed.
A provisional date for the casting of the new treble bell is 30th January 2020 - the mould is being prepared.