All Saints' Parish Church
An order has been received from the PCC of this church for a major rehanging and restoration. The last major work to this 13 cwt six was carried out by Harry Stokes in 1909, when a new two tier cast iron bell frame was installed and the bells rehung. The lower bell frame will be retained and restored, but the upper tier will be dismantled and brought back to Loughborough for rebuilding on a new galvanised steel grillage. The bells and their fittings will be removed to the Foundry for the manufacture of new cast iron headstocks and mainly new fittings, retaining and restoring any of the original fittings that are fit for purpose.
These bells, their fittings and upper bell frame have been removed from Holbeton and are at the Foundry for restoration. The old headstocks have been dismantled from the bells and the upper tier bell frame castings have been cleaned by sandblasting and primed with red oxide paint. The new cast iron headstocks have been manufactured and the bell wheels are being restored. The bells themselves have been cleaned by sandblasting.
The cast-in iron crown staples have been removed by drilling and new seating pads have been cast on to the crowns of the bells..