S.S. Peter & Leonard
Horbury, West Yorkshire
An order has been placed to remove the 11 cwt ring of eight, its frame and fittings from the tower and bring it to Loughborough. This ring of bells is the work of the Whitechapel Bell Foundry and dates from 1792 & 1899. The Keltek Trust has donated a 1916 Taylor bell (ex Low Harrogate) and this will become the 6th of a new ring of eight – tenor 11 cwts. The remaining seven bells will be cast from the existing ring, and all new ringing fittings will be manufactured for these. The existing cast iron frame sides will be sand blasted and restored, and will be reused when the new cast iron and galvanised steel bell frame is constructed.