The Caledonian Market Hall Clock Tower

Islington, London

United Kingdom

The clock chime, with a 30 cwt hour bell, was cast by C & G Mears in 1856. The bells will be removed from the existing bell frame to a specially built scaffold platform while a new frame is manufactured. New headstocks will be carved from seasoned hardwood, and new bell support canon strapwork will be manufactured before the bells are rehung.