St Andrew's Parish Church
A major restoration and augmentation scheme is planned for this church. The present ring of four by four different founders, tenor 6 cwts, dates between 1596 & 1671. The 1596 third by Henry Oldfield will be replaced by a Keltek bell, and all the bells will be conserved and tuned. A new bell frame with a grillage designed for 8 bells will be manufactured and installed lower in the tower to house 6 bells in the first instance. It is hoped to cast two treble bells to augment the ring in the first phase of the project. All new ringing fittings will be manufactured for the bells and the retired 1596 bell will be rehung in the old bell frame for chiming. The ringing chamber will be moved to the ground floor and a new circular rope guide will be manufactured and installed.
The new bell frame is under construction.
The bells have been removed and are at Loughborough.
New cast iron headstocks are being manufactured.
The bell frame is now complete and will be sent away for galvanising shortly.