All Saints' Parish Church
The PCC of this beautiful Suffolk church has placed an order for a major restoration, recasting and augmentation of their 15cwt ring of six. Four of the existing bells will be recast, and two new bells will be added to two of the former Prinknash Abbey bells which were cast by Taylor’s in 1910 & 1931. Thus Laxfield will have a new ring of eight with a tenor bell weighing 17 cwts. Two of the existing historic bells dating back to 1490 & 1599 will be conserved and hung for chiming.
All new bell fittings and a new cast iron and galvanised steel bell frame will be manufactured and the bells will be hung lower in the tower. The existing ancient oak bell frame, which dates circa 1499, will be preserved in situ.