St Uny's Parish Church
This 9 cwt ring of six will be removed from the tower to allow a major refurbishment to be undertaken after severe corrosion was found in the base beams of the 1905 William Aggett bell frame. A mainly new galvanised steel under grillage will be constructed and the 1905 cast iron frame sides will be cleaned by shot blasting before being re-used. The modern Taylor bell fittings will be completely refurbished before the installation is returned and rehung in the tower.
Work to rebuild the bellframe has been completed. It has been dismantled and its steel grillage has been sent for hot dipped galvanising. The bell wheels have been re-soled and re-shouded, and the headstocks, gudgeons and bearings have been refurbished. The installation has now been transported back to Lelant and hanging nears completion.