All Saints Parish Church
A major bell restoration project has been completed at this church. The original 7 cwt ground floor ring of five which dated between 1663 & 1849 were removed from the tower for conservation work and the refurbishment of their fittings, and were then rehung in their original oak bell frame to be retained for historical purposes. A new ring of six (tenor 8 – 2 – 11) was cast, and a new cast iron and galvanised steel bell frame manufactured. All new ringing fittings were produced for the new bells and they were hung beneath the original five. A new ringers’ gallery was constructed, together with new ringing chamber ceiling and bell chamber floor.
(Photo: Malcolm Barnes)