The Parish Church of All Saints
Little Cornard, Suffolk
This parish has placed an order for a major restoration and augmentation of their 7cwt ring of five. The installation has been in a derelict condition for many years, and it is thought that at least two of the bells are cracked. The bells, which date from 1399, 1597, 1707 & 1712, will be conserved and repaired by specialist bronze welding as necessary, and have their partial tones improved by sensitive tuning. A new treble bell will be cast to augment the ring to six, and all new ringing fittings will be manufactured. A new cast iron and galvanised steel bell frame of “H” design will be manufactured, and this will be installed beneath the present ancient oak bell frame. Much of the design and technical imput for this project has been worked out in conjunction with local ringer, appropriately named John Taylor – many thanks to him.
Work to the bells and fittings has been completed. Some of the bells have been repaired by specialist bronze welding, and the new treble has been cast, fettled and tuned. The new cast iron and steel bell frame is under construction.