St Mary & St Alkelda
Middleham, North Yorkshire
The clappers and crown staples from this 1911 classic Taylor 18 cwt eight were brought to the Foundry by local ringers. They have been fully refurbished and will be collected and fitted by volunteers.
Major maintenance work has been completed on this magnificent 18 cwt Taylor eight that date from 1911. The bells were lowered into their pits and their fittings were removed from the tower and brought back to Loughborough. The headstocks were cleaned and adapted for clapper adjusters to be fitted. fitted New gudgeons and ball bearings in cast iron housings completed the restoration of the headstocks. The bell wheels, rope roller boxes, clappers and crown staples were all fully restored before the bells were rehung.