St Mary's Parish Church
Mirfield, West Yorkshire
A major restoration and partial recasting of this 30 cwt ring of ten has now been completed. A Taylor ring dating from 1869, the bells have been in continuous use for 145 years. The bells and their fittings were brought back to Loughborough, and the front six bells were recast. The back four bells were cast with plenty of metal, and these have been cleaned by gentle sand blasting and have tuned up beautifully. All new bell fittings have been manufactured and the bells balanced on their headstocks. The Taylor oak bell frame of 1869 is substantial and after a little strengthening will serve well into the next century. The rehung bells are a joy to ring.