St Andrew's Parish Church
This 15cwt ring of eight, its bellframe and fittings, is the work of Gillett & Johnston of Croydon and dates from 1922. The bells are presently unsafe to ring due to significant corrosion where the base beams are fixed into the structure of the tower. The whole installation will be dismantled and removed from the tower and will be transported to Loughborough. A new base grillage and top fixing structure will be manufactured for the “H” frame from galvanised steel. The cast iron framesides will be cleaned by sandblasting and will be repainted. All the ringing fittings will be overhauled and restored as necessary before the bells are reinstated in the tower.
Bells, fittings and bell frame have been removed and are at Loughborough. Work on the headstocks is underway. The construction of the bell frame on a new grillage is underway.