Newton Hall, Northumberland.
St James’ Church.
This church is now owned and regularly used by Mowden Hall School. The existing ring of six bells by Warners, dating from 1873, together with their fittings and bell frame will be removed from the tower. A new peal of eight bells with a 7.25 cwt tenor bell will be cast and installed with all new bell fittings in a new bell frame. The works will take place over the summer of 2018, so that the bells can be installed at the start of the new autumn term. Sound control will be installed, and there will be a significant amount of teaching of new recruits from the school and the surrounding areas.
All eight bells have been cast, fettled and tuned. The new steel bell frame has been manufactured and has been sent away for galvanising. Work in the tower is underway cutting the pockets in the tower walls to receive the bell frame.
Installation work has now been completed and the bells have been rung.