Perth, Perthshire, Scotland.

St John's Kirk.

United Kingdom

The tower of this church houses a fine carillon with a 28 cwt bass bell, cast by Peter Waghevens of Mechelen in 1506. The other 34 bells and the rest of the installation was manufactured by Gillett & Johnston in 1935. Apart from the traditional baton clavier and manual transmission, an automatic chiming system was installed some time ago by another contractor. This now need remedial attention, with all the electro-magnetic hammers needing correct repositioning and other aspects correcting by our engineers.