Radway, Warwickshire – Sue Marshall’s Bell
The Parish Church of St Peter
This church houses a 5 cwt ring of five that were cast in 1868 by Robert Stainbank of the Whitechapel Bell Foundry. The bells hang in an oak frame of the same date, but all the fittings were renewed in 1949 when Mears & Stainbank rehung the bells.
The bells were one of Sue Marshall’s favourite rings, and as a memorial to this much loved ringer, a new treble bell has been ordered to augment the ring to six. An extension to the bell frame will be manufactured, together with all new ringing fittings, and the rope circle will be altered to improve it.
The new treble bell was cast on 12th December 2019.
The bell has now been fettled and tuned.