St Mary's Parish Church
Richmond, North Yorkshire
A new ring of eight with an 11 cwt tenor bell has been cast and installed at this church. The bells, together with all new bell fittings and a new cast iron and galvanised steel “lowside” bell frame have been hung slightly lower in the tower. The five oldest bells from the old eight, dating fro, circa 1500, 1697 and 1737, have been retained and have been hung for stationary chiming in a new galvanised steel bell frame above the new ring. A new galvanised steel walkway has also been designed and installed above the ring of bells.