The Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Major restoration work has now been completed on this 12 cwt ring of six which were last rehung by Gillett & Johnston in 1914. One of the steel base girders had rotted and has been replaced, the the entire cast iron & steel bellframe has been thoroughly cleaned and repainted. The frictional parts have all been restored, including the roller boxes, clappers, crown staples, stays and slider runner carriages. The shrouding of all the bell wheels has been refixed using stainless steel screws.