St Peter’s Parish Church
An order has been placed for a major restoration of this 16 cwt eight. The back six were cast by Taylors in 1843, and the trebles by James Barwell in 1889. The 5th bell is cracked. The bells, frame and fittings will be removed from the tower and brought back to Loughborough, where the cracked bell will be repaired by high temperature bronze welding and all the bells tuned. All new bell fittings and a new cast iron and galvanised steel bell frame will be manufactured. Ruthin’s Luke Ashton “Fire Bell”, which dates from 1733, will also be conserved and restored and new fittings for swing chiming will be provided. Sound control, internal access ladders, and a new ringing chamber ceiling will also be manufactured and installed to complete the project..
This project is underway. The bells have been removed from the tower and are at Loughborough.