Skerton, Lancaster, Lancashire.
St Joseph's R C Church.
The tower of this church houses a 15 cwt Warner bell from 1901 which is hung for full circle ringing. The bell hangs in a composite bell frame of cast iron frame sides and wooden base beams.
An order has been placed for a major refurbishment of the bell, its bell frame and fittings. The bell wheel and clapper assembly will be renovated, and the rope roller box will be replaced and a new bell rope supplied. The cast iron bell frame sides will be cleaned and repainted, and all wooden components of frame and fittings treated with preservative. An electro-magnetic hammer and automatic programmable unit will be supplied and installed to complete the project.