St Andrew's Parish Church

Sonning, Berkshire

United Kingdom

This 20 cwt eight was last restored by Taylors in 1912, when three new trebles were added and the rest retuned and rehung in a new bell frame and on new fittings. Major maintenance work has now been completed which included lowering the 4th and tenor bells into their respective pits and drilling out the remains of their cast-in crown staples from the bell heads. All the clappers and crown staples were fully restored, and timber shafted clappers supplied for the largest two bells.