The Cathedral Church of St Saviour & St Mary Overie
A major restoration of this heavy ring of twelve has been completed. The bells and their fittings were removed from the tower and brought to Loughborough. Mainly the work of Samuel Knight, and dating from 1735, the bells had their cast-in crown staples removed, and new seating pads cast on their crowns. The tenor and seventh bells were recast, after tuning giving Southwark a slightly heavier tenor of 48 cwts 3 qrs 1 lb. The old bells were retuned. New bell fittings were manufactured, and the ancient oak bell frame strengthened. The extension bell frame housing the sharp 2nd bell was repositioned to give a more direct rope drop, and a new undergrillage manufactured for it.