The National Maritime Museum
Malta’s National Maritime Museum has now been sent a chime of eight bells, largest 7 cwts. These are to be a memorial to seafarers, be they Maltese, British etc., who through their ultimate sacrifice defended the island and thus shaped its history. The smallest four bells of the chime formerly hung at St Jude’s Parish Church, Blackburn, England, and were cast in 1932 by Gillett & Johnston of Croydon. Bells 5 & 6 were also cast by the same foundry and were supplied by the Keltek Trust. Bells 7 & 8 were cast at Loughborough in 2015 to match the G & J profile. The bells will be hung to be chimed by internal electro-magnetic hammers from a pre-programmed Apollo Unit to allow clock chime, change ringing or tunes to be played as required. This order has now been increased and four extra treble bells will be cast and shipped to Malta asap to complete the scheme.
Having supplied a chime of eight bells to this museum earlier this year, the customer ordered a further four treble bells to make a set of twelve. These have now been cast and tuned and after engraving will be shipped, together with electro-magnetic chiming hammers, to Malta.
Having supplied a chime of eight bells to this museum earlier this year, a further four bells were ordered to increase the chime to a diatonic twelve - all cast to G & J profiles. These bells, and associated electro-magnetic chiming gear, are now ready for export.