St Mary's Parish Church
The 19 cwt ring of ten from this church are the work of London bell founders, and date from 1778 to 1896. They were last restored and rehung in a new composite bellframe of oak and cast iron by Warners in 1896. The bells have been tuned, and all new fittings have been manufactured and fitted, and the bells rehung in the restored 1896 bell frame. A new openable sound control system has been constructed on the inside faces of the louvres.
(Photos: Katherine Marshall)