Restoring Zennor’s Bells

The 12cwt ring of six at this church was last rehung by Gillett & Johnston in 1926, when four of the bells were recast and all new fittings and a cast iron and steel bell frame was installed. Steel is very susceptible to rusting in the salty air of the coast if it is not protected, and the base grillage became unsafe at Zennor. A new galvanised steel base grillage has been manufactured and the entire installation has been restored at Loughborough and will be returned in the coming weeks.