Full Time Vacancy for a Joiner!
Are you looking to apply your woodworking skills to a heritage industry where quality and creativity matter? We have a fulltime vacancy for someone who wants to apply their woodworking skills to become a skilled craftsman in our historic Loughborough Bell Foundry working predominantly on heritage projects. You will enjoy handcrafting bespoke smaller items for bell installations as well as larger timber bell frames and other structures, plus pattern making for our on-site bronze and iron foundry.
We want yo to use your creativity to meet customer requirements and care passionately about the quality of what you do. Your designs and creations will have a lifespan for generations and be housed in unique historical locations.
- Must have a right to live and work in the U K
- Some experience in joinery, cabinet making or bespoke furniture creation to a high standard of finish - even if voluntarily as a hobbyist
- Experience in a range of workshop tooling and machinery, including hand tools such a planes, chisels and spokeshaves
- NVQ2 Carpentry or similar is highly desirable
- Must have a good standard of English to communicate with colleagues and customers, and numeracy for working with measurements
Further information about this role, criteria and salary details is available here. To apply, please send a CV or letter explaining your background/interest in the role to our retained HR provider: Kate@peopledecisions.co.uk Closing date: Friday 8 July 2022