We have a vacancy for a hands-on role supervising a small team of skilled craftsmen in our historic Loughborough bell foundry. The team produces and restores wooden components including smaller items such as wheels, rope rollers and other specialist gear, through to large timber bellframes and other structures. The work will involve some standard designs as well as making decisions to create bespoke handcrafted items. You will enjoy hands-on delivery as well as monitoring the output of others within the overall production schedules.
We want you to care passionately about the quality of what you do as your designs and creations will have a lifespan for generations in prestigious heritage locations.
- Experience in joinery, cabinet-making or bespoke furniture design to a high standard of finish
- Experience monitoring the quality of own and others’ output
- Experience implementing and ensuring adherence to health and safety requirements
- NVQ 2 Carpentry or Architectural Joinery course or similar is highly desirable
- Must have a good standard of English to communicate with colleagues and customers, and numeracy for working with measurements
- Must have a right to live and work in the UK
- 5 hours a week Monday to Friday. We operate flexible hours Monday to Thursday to allow an early finish on Fridays.
- Salary in the region of £25,000 depending on experience plus pension, annual leave and sick leave – all above statutory minimum.
- Overtime paid at a rate of time and a third can be available but is not a requirement or expectation.
- Bonus paid twice a year depending on profit
- Based at our foundry in Loughborough but some site working throughout the UK may be required.
- On the job training will be provided.
For a full role profile and to find out more about our company, please click here
To apply, please send a CV and letter explaining your background / interest in the role to our retained HR provider: Kate@peopledecisions.co.uk