Alton, Staffordshire.

St Peter's Parish Church.

United Kingdom

This church houses a very fine Taylor 22 cwt eight in the key of Eb. The entire installation is “modern” in bell terms, dating from 1959, and has a fine tradition in change ringing. The ring is to be augmented with two treble bells to create a ring of ten. To accomplish this the bells, which hang in a Taylor two tier cast iron and steel bell frame, are to be removed. The bell frame will also be removed from the tower and everything brought back to Loughborough. The bell frame is to be rebuilt and extended on a new galvanised steel grillage with additional cast iron frame sides. All the ringing fittings will be overhauled and new fittings manufactured for the new treble bells. The wooden belfry louvres will be replaced, and a new sound control system manufactured and installed.

Update

  • The moulds for the two new treble bells are being prepared prior to casting.