St Mary's Parish Church.
The PCC of this church has placed an order for a major restoration and augmentation to be undertaken on their unringable ancient 12 cwt four – the bells date between 1587 & 1702. The bells will be removed from the tower and brought to Loughborough where conservation work on them will be undertaken. It is thought that bells 2 & 4 might be cracked, and, if so, these will be repaired by specialist bronze welding. The bells will be tuned to bring them into a major scale and two new treble bells will be cast to augment the ring to six. All new fittings will be manufactured, and a new galvanised steel bell frame will be designed and built. A new ringing chamber ceiling will be installed to enable ringing to take place from the ground floor.
The bells have been removed and are now at Loughborough.
The new treble bells have been cast and await fettling.
The new headstocks have been cast and their gudgeons have been fitted.
The bells are in the tuning shop.
The new bell frame has been manufactured and will be sent for galvanising next.
The bell frame is being installed and the bells being rehung.