Bolsterstone, South Yorkshire.
St Mary's Parish Church
The tower of this church houses a fine 13 cwt Taylor eight in the key of F#. The entire installation dates from 1892 and has had a great amount of ringing on it over the past 130 years. The P.C.C. has now placed an order for a major restoration to be undertaken to the bells, their fittings and the bell frame. The entire installation will be removed and brought back to the Foundry. The bells and the “H” frames will be cleaned by sand blasting, and the bells will be tuned. The bell frame will be rebuilt on a new galvanised steel grillage, and all new ringing fittings will be manufactured before the bells are rehung in the tower.
Work will start on these bells in September.