The Abbey Church of St Mary.
This Abbey church houses a classic Taylor ring of twelve with a tenor bell weighing 41 cwts. The entire installation dates from 1935 when the original Warner twelve was removed and the belfry stage of the tower was completed. Maintenance work to keep the ring in good order is being undertaken. Ten new stays will be manufactured and fitted, and the clappers of the 10th & 11th will be completely refurbished. The Ellacombe chiming rack will be restored and five of the chiming hammers will be re-roped, and the rope spider will have new pulleys manufactured and installed and will have new cord.
This work is in progress.