The Parish Church of St Michael & All Angels
This tower houses a ring of 6 bells, tenor 12 cwts., with bells dating between 1499 & 1905. The bells hang in a 2 tier bell frame dating from 1883 made by Thomas II Hooper & Harry Stokes. The parish has placed an order for the removal of the bells for conservation & tuning, and for the manufacture of all new ringing fittings. Once work at Loughborough has been completed the bells will be rehung in the existing bell frame.
Funding for this project has included private donations, local fund raising, and a major grant from Vindor Credits Landfill Tax.
This ring of six has been removed and is at Loughborough.
The bells are having their cast in crown staples removed.
The moulds for the canon retaining headstocks are being prepared.
The bells have now been sand blasted clean.
The new headstocks have been cast.
The new bell wheels have been manufactured.
The ring of six has had seating pads cast on their crowns and has been tuned.
This ring of bells will be rehung week commencing 11th April.