East Anstey, Devon.
St Michael's Parish Church
The P.C.C. of this parish church has placed an order for the bells to be removed from their tower for a full restoration. The 8 cwt ring of six last had a major restoration in 1905 when, as a ring of five, Taylor’s recast the two treble bells and White’s of Appleton provided a new oak bell frame and all new fittings. Taylor’s then augmented them to six with a new treble bell in 1935.
The bells will be conserved and all new ringing fittings will be manufactured for them before they are rehung in their existing bell frame.
These bells have been removed and are now at Loughborough.
Conservation work to the bells has been completed.
New seating pad have been cast on the heads of the bells.
The bells are being tuned.
The new cast iron headstocks have been cast and machined.
The new clappers and crown staples are being manufactured.
Gudgeon pins have been shrunk fitted to the headstocks.
All is ready for dispatch.