St John the Baptist
The 17 cwt ring of six at this church are the work of three different founders and date between 1638 & 1888. The bells were removed from the tower and brought to Loughborough for the drilling out of their cast-in iron crown staples, conservation work and sensitive tuning. New ringing fittings were manufactured for all the bells and a new cast iron and galvanised steel bell frame was manufactured. The bells were then rehung in the new frame to complete the restoration.
The removal of the bells from the tower has been completed and they are now at Loughborough. Proposed installation in the tower begins May 2018.
Installation in the tower nears completion.