Perth, Perthshire, Scotland.

St John's Kirk.

United Kingdom

This church houses a fine carillon of 35 bells, with a bass bell weighing 28 cwts. The bass bell is the work of Peter Waghevens of Mechelen and was cast in 1506, the remaining 34 bells were cast by Gillett & Johnston in 1934. The bell frame and all the mechanical action was also manufactured by the Croydon bell founders in 1935.

Last year Taylor’s completed a contract to update and restore the electro-magnetic chiming hammers and automatic playing unit. An order has now been placed for work to be carried out to the bell frame and mechanical action of the carillon. The transmission will be dismantled to allow full access to the bell frame for its cleaning and re-painting. A new transmission will then be reinstated, rewiring the entire carillon for manual playing also .