Pontefract, West Yorkshire.
The Parish Church of All Saints.
The tower of this church houses a 12 cwt Taylor eight dating between 1863 & 1905. A full restoration and augmentation was carried out by Taylor’s in 1905. Known locally as “the music box” the tower and bells are a favourite in the area.
Major maintenance work will now be carried out to keep things in good order. The bells will be lowered into their pits and all the bell bolts will be replaced with new, and a new seating pad will be manufactured and fitted for the tenor bell.
The relevant fittings have been removed and are at Loughborough.