Sandy, Bedfordshire.

St Swithun's Parish Church.

United Kingdom

The tower of this church houses a 12 cwt ring of six in the key of F, and is the work of four different founders. The bells date between 1733 & 1892 when they were rehung in a new oak bell frame. The clappers, crown staples and rope roller boxes are to be removed and brought back to the Foundry for complete refurbishment and restoration before being returned to Sandy.

Update

  • The fittings for restoration are at Loughborough.